Is Good For Your Health
What is Circadian Rhythm?
Circadian rhythms are the cycles that tell the body when to sleep, wake, and eat—the biological and psychological processes that oscillate in predictable patterns each day. This internal clock is influenced by external cues, like sunlight and temperature, which help determine whether one feels energized or exhausted at different times of the day. (Psychologytoday.com)
- Observed in all Cellular Systems, Plants, and Animals
- Encoded Genetically
- Natural, Internal Process – Regulates
- Repeats Roughly Every 24 hours. A little longer actually.
- Important for Proper Functioning of Cells, Physiologic Systems, and Behavior
What is Human Centric Lighting?
Human Centric Lighting (HCL)is a lighting technique that can benefit the emotional, biological, health, or wellbeing of any organism that has the pleasure of being graced by its presence. We say organisms because not only humans benefit from HCL. Also known as Circadian Lighting or Lighting for Health and Wellbeing, this lighting style will increase productivity, attitude and overall health.
Human Centric Lighting can correct people’s daily rhythms which improve motivation, well-being, and productivity.
How does Human Centric Lighting work?
Health lighting starts with the use of an LED light. Simply switching to an LED light source from a flourescent has been studied and proven to:
- Increased motivation
- Increased performance
- Increased productivity
- Improved concentration and energy
- Lower stress and anxiety
- “Mood support” in wellness and dining areas
- Enhanced drug efficacy
- Reduced therapy times and capacity requirements
Human Centric Lighting Applications:
- Correctional facilities
- Office Environments
- Really any environment where people can benefit from daylight exposure and timing.
Tunable White Light For Healthcare Spaces:
- Also Known as Dynamic White Light
- Its support of Human CR is a Hot-Topic in Lighting and Controls Industry
- System of Controllable Cool and Warm LEDs
- Interest has Trickled Down to Healthcare Providers as well as the General Public
- Becoming a Key Consideration in Patient Satisfaction and Well-Being
- & More
Boost Overall Health
Escalate Well Being
Maximize Work Days